KDG use the RICS industry wide endorsed code of practice in the effective management and administration of service charges in commercial property.
- Financial preparation of a reserve fund plan relating to cyclical maintenance, for example decoration, reserve tree protection funds, common parts refurbishments etc.
- Regular billing and collection of service charges including management fees
- Preparation of notices for AGMs and EGMs and attendance at meetings if required
- 24/7 helpdesk for reactive maintenance and emergency repairs to all managed properties
Service charges regimes are frequently a source of friction between landlord and tenant, above all because this is in effect spending the tenant’s money.
- Arrears collection management
- Advice on block insurance and public liability insurance
- Accurate service charge, budgeting and expenditure control
- Reconciliation of end of year expenditure, preparation of audited reports and accounts
Consistent and transparent service charge accounting is vital, with the founder’s experience in commercial property & project management identically adopted to commercial or residential schemes.
- Identifying and budgeting for planned preventive maintenance
- Landlord and Tenant liaison and resolution of tenant queries and disputes
- Pre-qualified and approved rated reliable contractors
- Compiling and maintaining asset registers for each managed property
KDG have experience in inheriting substantial (or unbilled) service charge arrears from retail units in deprived high crime inner city locations, to serious breaches of lease terms (from unregulated pop up casinos or adult entertainment establishment)
- 'Soft' upkeep of communal areas and grounds maintenance to a high standard
KDG have a strong support network of arrears collection litigation and experienced property managers ensuring landlords investments & assets long term are maintained.